What do I do?
Simply, I help people build really great software & businesses. My background is in IT & finance. Sometimes I cross over into business analysis, investing in new projects and running startups. Doing this involves:
- Analysis – requirements gathering, user needs analysis, workshops, competitor research.
- Design – information architecture, technical architecture, use cases, workflows, wireframes, visual design, usability.
- Development – prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, A/B testing.
- Project Management – Agile Scrum.
- Evaluation & Support – usability testing, google analytics, SEO, technical support.
OK, I spend my working life on my laptop, running projects, replying to emails, problem solving and meeting with the great people that keep our diverse range of businesses running.
What are my specialist IT skills?
- PHP, MySql
- Ecommerce, OpenCart, Payment Gateways
- WordPress, Get Simple CMS
- HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Hosting, domains
- Database design, optimisation, Big Data
- Mac, PC, iOS, Android, Unix
What are my business skills?
- Business Analysis
- Project Management (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Prince2, Certified PMI)
- Customer support (ITIL certified)
- Investment appraisal
- Lease administration & negotiation
- Cost management & finance
- Risk management
Where did I study?
- University of Brighton. BA(Hons) Business Studies
- London School of Economics. M.Sc (Econ) Information Systems
What businesses do I run?
- Freelance Software Development
- Self Storage Space in Lewes
- Harket Group (Harket Property LLP, Harket Holdings Ltd)
And outside work?
Co-parent, interval training at the gym, mountain biking, current affairs, travelling & eating healthily although can also be found in the pub.
How can you contact me?
You can send me a message on Twitter. Or I am usually found working from my office in Lewes opposite Lewes Train Station. You can view my LinkedIn profile here. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org