What do I do?
Simply, I help people build really great software & businesses. My background is in IT & finance. Sometimes I cross over into business analysis, investing in new projects and running startups. Doing this involves:
- Analysis – requirements gathering, user needs analysis, workshops, competitor research.
- Design – information architecture, technical architecture, use cases, workflows, wireframes, visual design, usability.
- Development – prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, A/B testing.
- Project Management – Agile Scrum.
- Evaluation & Support – usability testing, google analytics, SEO, technical support.
OK, I spend my working life on my laptop, running projects, replying to emails, problem solving and meeting with the great people that keep our diverse range of businesses running.
What are my specialist IT skills?
- PHP, MySql
- Ecommerce, OpenCart, Payment Gateways
- WordPress, Get Simple CMS
- HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Hosting, domains
- Database design, optimisation, Big Data
- Mac, PC, iOS, Android, Unix
What are my business skills?
- Business Analysis
- Project Management (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Prince2, Certified PMI)
- Customer support (ITIL certified)
- Investment appraisal
- Lease administration & negotiation
- Cost management & finance
- Risk management
Where did I study?
- University of Brighton. BA(Hons) Business Studies
- London School of Economics. M.Sc (Econ) Information Systems