Hi. My name is Andrew Gill. I’m a Freelance Web Developer & Business Analyst.
What do I do?
Simply, I help people build really great software. Sometimes I cross over into business analysis and running startups. Doing this involves:
- Analysis - requirements gathering, user needs analysis, workshops, competitor research.
- Design - information architecture, technical architecture, use cases, workflows, wireframes, visual design, usability.
- Development - prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, A/B testing.
- Project Management - Agile Scrum.
- Evaluation & Support - usability testing, google analytics, SEO, technical support.
What are my specialist skills?
- PHP, MySql
- Ecommerce, Magento, Payment Gateways, Paypal
- Wordpress, CMS Made Simple
- HTML/CSS, JQuery
- Business Analysis
- Project Management (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Prince2, Certified PMI)
- Support (ITIL certified)
Where have I worked before?
I have been freelance for several years. I have been employed at:
- Deutsche Bank (1997-2004)
- BP plc (2006-2008)
Where did I study?
- University of Brighton. BA(Hons) Business Studies (2:1).
- LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science). M.Sc(Econ) Information Systems.
What software products have I built?
You can follow me on Twitter. I live in Hove with my wife & two young sons. I work from offices in Lewes, London & Brighton, UK. You can view my professional history here or call me on 07880 730096.